The warm weather has brought on a fresh wave of seasonal change and Google has felt the need for some spring-cleaning. On February 19 Google began rolling out changes to its desktop search results, expanding the vertical real estate given to paid search results and eliminating right-rail ads.
Breakdown of Google’s SERP Update:
Google has decided to rearrange its desktop SERP, moving it closer to a cleaner mobile experience. Updates include:
1. Desktop search results will no longer feature text ads on the right rail of the SERP.
2. Google will serve four text ads above the organic listings for “highly commercial” queries.
3. Product listing ad packs will still show in the right rail on relevant queries.
4. Knowledge Panels will also still show in the right rail on relevant queries.
5. Three text ads will show at the bottom of the SERPs.
6. Text ad listings will shrink from as many as 11 to a maximum of seven.
Need help with your SEO?