Is your e-commerce site experiencing weak organic traffic? Columnist Pratik Dholakiya shares some common issues that impact SEO for online retailers and offers a few suggestions.
Not long ago, I talked about 16 very specific on-site SEO mistakes that I see very often, and how to fix those issues.
Today, I want to shift the focus toward problems that plague e-commerce sites specifically. I’ll also be addressing on-site problems that have a bit more to do with strategy and a bit less to do with specific technical mistakes.
Finally, I wanted to make sure we had some real-world examples to refer to, so I mined case studies from the industry to demonstrate the concrete impact these changes can have on your search traffic.
Let’s take a look at these problems and what you can do to resolve them.
1. Weak product descriptions (or none at all)
2. Not including user reviews
3. No unbranded keyword optimisation
4. Focusing too heavily on transactional keywords and not developing informational content
5. Implementing poorly planned site redesigns
6. Poor migration between e-commerce platforms
7. Not optimising for your most promising keywords
It’s time to put this information to good SEO use!
Let LK Web Media help you with your full SEO and online marketing >>