Search engine technology has evolved, algorithms have become more advanced, and SEO tactics and strategies have changed in response.
There are at least 200 ranking factors in Google’s algorithm (not to mention RankBrain), which means a thorough SEO audit could lead to dozens, hundreds, or even thousands of SEO tasks. Few companies have the budget or resources to complete every potential SEO to-do item — and doing so would be an incredible waste of time and resources anyway. Some SEO tasks are critical and cannot be ignored; others just aren’t worth your time.
Prioritising an SEO task list is crucial. Focus your resources on SEO work that is actually going to improve rankings, increase clicks and drive revenue. Most companies should focus on engagement SEO work, but technical tasks can’t be ignored completely — especially if you have major problems.
Critical technical SEO problems
- Mobile performance.
- Blocked resources.
- Google penalties.
- Significant URL and/or redirect problems.
- Other issues. Additional technical SEO issues.
Critical mobile SEO issues
- Your site isn’t optimised for mobile.
- Your content isn’t optimised for mobile.
- You use intrusive, annoying pop-ups.
Critical engagement SEO issues
- Lack of conversions.
- Low click-through rate (CTR) in spite of high rankings.
- Few organic social shares.
- Lack of earned links.
Critical reporting issues
- Ensure all site pages are tagged for analytics reporting.
- Filter known referral spammers from your reports.
- Set up custom views and goals.
- Align goals with bottom-line business metrics.
Let LK Web Media help you today >>
#SEOLondon #websites #ecommerce #Watford #Hertfordshire #Cache #London #Essex #SEO #Spam #Chorleywood #SocialMedia #internet